Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer Days

I don't know what we're going to do when summer is over here in Colorado, we enjoy being outside too much. Ethan has so much energy that I can't stand the thought of being cooped up. Plus, all we would do is watch Thomas the Train and there's only so much of that that I can stand. But I also know thinking about it and living in it are two different things and, hopefully, when winter's over we'll say "that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought." For now we are just enjoying our time of playing outside without having to put on 3 layers of clothing.

We've been spending a lot more time at the park since Ethan learned how to dangle. He also enjoys watching and playing next to other kids. I am very grateful that we are taking advantage of our church nursery on Sunday's, it seems to be helping his interaction and sharing skills. We had dinner with some friends the other night, they have 3 kids ranging from 5 to almost 1 1/2, and watching them interact was great! The oldest is a boy, Connor, and loves to use Michael as a personal jungle gym and I expected a little jealousy from Ethan but he just did his own thing. There were lots of tractors and 2 slides to help distract him. He really got along with their 3 year old girl, Sierra. He was running around the yard and noticed she was sitting at the picnic table still eating and he went and sat with her.

Yesterday was a rough day. I'm not sure if he's getting teeth in, going through a growth spurt, or just becoming a 2 year old, but he was a handful! It was hot too, so I broke out the hose with sprayer to divert some of the crabbiness:


Then we went and had dinner with Grandma, Papa and Auntie and that made the day a lot better

0 comments: