Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Finances

It was a hard decision for us, for me to go back to work only part time after I was laid off at my previous employer. Especially in the state the economy was in, trying to raise a child, pay bills and keep a decent lifestyle. It has been working out very well for us (minus not being able to eat out or buy new things without discussing it first).
We decided, if we are to continue this path, it was time Ethan got involved in the family finances, we're teaching him to save his pennies:

Does the bank look familiar Mom?
We actually don't let him play with money very often, this was mine when I was younger (and probably one of my favorite things) and I thought he'd enjoy turning the knob and handle. Michael broke out some coins and he had a blast putting the in the slot. Yes, he is my son and shows it through many characteristics. I told him to change the combination before Daddy gets a hold of it!

0 comments: