Monday, August 22, 2011

Water

Sometimes I read a quote/article/have a conversation that changes my point of view on life, or at least an aspect of life, or it just brings to the forefront of my mind something that I already know, puts it into words. I love when I find things about children that help me to cherish them and their childhood more. They are only small for so long and I don't want to force them to grow up faster then they need to.
One of the truths for my children, from this quote, is "if they're crabby, put them in water". Water puts both of my children in much better spirits, whether it's the tub, a pool, a creek, dancing in the rain, or a tiny inflatable pool in the backyard, water makes the time go by faster and more enjoyably. To our excitement, New Mama (Mike's Mom) brought down a new pool for our backyard!

I know it's hard to see, but there is a warning on the side that says "No Diving," I laughed











Another cheap way we spend some of our summer hours is drawing with chalk. And my pride swelled the other night when my 3.5 yr old spelled his own name on our driveway!! He's got the ETH down, I just had to tell him how to draw the AN.
That's my boy!!
And now for pure cuteness sake:


That's her pirate onesie, at least to Ethan

0 comments: