Monday, November 29, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Every year, having Ethan with us at Christmas has made the holiday so much different then before. This year is no exception. On Thanksgiving we pulled out all of the Christmas decorations, when he came down from his nap he couldn't have been happier; "Our house looks so pretty!"
That night when we got home and he saw the lights it was the same enthusiasm, "Our house looks so cool!" We have spent the nights driving or walking around looking at the decorations and each house, whether it had a wreath or was fully lit up, was like the first one he'd ever seen. Its like magic. Last night we drove to my parents, I think my dad was trying to get away with no outdoor lights this year (they have new siding and you really don't want to punch holes in new siding) but as soon as we got there; "Papa, why you no put up lights?" Yeah, I think those lights will be up soon.
Today, despite the cold and wind and snow we went and got our tree. We always go to the gotten wonderful trees.



Yes, he is in his robot costume. I love putting up the ornaments, it's my favorite part, looking at each one, remembering when you got it.
When E saw the tree all finished he was so happy, he told me "Thank you Mommy this is so pretty." I told him "Thank you for loving it" and he said "I didn't decorate our house, you did, thank you." I love this kid.
Then they bundled up and he and Daddy went sledding.

P.S. Nugget is doing great, we heard his/her heartbeat at our last appointment. Appetite has gone down, but that could be because I've had a nasty cold all week.

1 comments:

clockhart said...

Holidays are really hard being away from you guys. I wish we were there to e grow up. Thank you for your blogs.