Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Trouble is my Middle Name

I'm starting to think that my children are a bit different from each other, and are starting to remind me of my sister and myself as kids/teenagers. Ethan thrives on rules that are enforced and schedules that are (mostly) followed. Lucy, well she's, hmm what's the word...spirited, strong willed, independent, a handful (more like two handfuls), she's trouble.Can you guess which reflects my sister and which is me? Another piece of evidence for my theory, whenever I tell my parents the newest Lucy story, my dad snickers and says "who does that remind you of?" Who, me??
 

She thinks she's so funny! Well, she is pretty funny and let's face it, as a parent, if you aren't laughing you turn to frustration and then you're just miserable to be around. So, back to Lucy. She is very mobile and gets into everything! My sis-in-law recently asked me if I've had to start telling her "no", she has even started repeating it "nananana". She learned how to go up the stairs (no idea how to teach her to go back down), she starts going up them, waits till I'm right behind her, laughs and goes faster. I can't decide if she thinks I'm chasing her, if she wants me to chase her, or if she's just happy that I'm watching her. And she's fearless! She will sit down half way up the stairs and, if I wasn't behind her, just tumble back down. I can already tell she wants to get Ethan into trouble, when she is on one of her missions for mischief, she waits, looking at him in a way that says "are you coming?"
As I started writing this earlier tonight, she sat peacefully with her Dad, watching them play Trouble, as if to disprove me. I am so glad to have children that have character and personality, they make me laugh, bring so much joy and energy to this house and they make me appreciate bedtime more then ever!

0 comments: