Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Eggs-periment

Now that the weather has taken a turn for the better and our family has a, somewhat, regular schedule, I have a goal. Less TV, less video games; more outdoor play, more exploration and learning. Mike seems to be on the same page because we've been doing a lot of "experiments" lately. It started when my dad took E to a few science fairs, and he liked them. So we form our hypothesis, "what do you think will happen if..." and then we test.
Today's experiment was found on another mom's blog (and I apologize, I didn't save the link). It involved an egg and some packing materials. Will the egg break if we put it in the "ship" and throw it off the patio?

 E drew his best scary face on the egg, cause it's a bad guy
 We packed it up in the ship
 Attached a parachute (that didn't work) and threw it
 And threw it, and threw it, and threw it, then we tossed it back and forth

 The egg would not break!!! He seemed indestructible! Ethan was all ready to go turn him into a good guy, when...

The experiment took a turn for the worse. Without my knowledge the question turned to "will the egg break if I throw it at my Captain America shield." Well, the egg broke, and...
The egg had turned into E's best bud and he had a hard time. So, we made another egg. He swore he was going to wait to show it to Mike, but the next thing I knew, that one was broken too and...

It was worse then the first time. After that, he decorated a rock. Well, at least we learned how fragile an egg is. And now he's excited to decorate some eggs for Easter.

0 comments: