Saturday, December 10, 2011

Skips 4?

There was a time, when Ethan would not count the number 4. One of his auntie's coworkers said he should name his, eventual, band "Skips Four" (so simple, so genius). We just wondered what would happen when he turned four, I mean even when he counted in Spanish, he skipped over cuatro!* The day has come, he has landed on the glorious, even number, that to me always seems so sturdy, 4. 4 years old, 4 members of our family, 4 sides to a square, 4. I can remember the day he was born like it was, well, 4 years ago. Most still etched clearly in my brain, a few parts get a little foggy. The shock of a new baby, the first baby, earlier then we expected. The complete overhaul he's done to our lives. Through him, I have seen and felt love that I never could have understood before. Happy fourth birthday, Ethan. *Ethan did, eventually add four back into his count, it just took awhile.

0 comments: