Saturday, December 17, 2011

Catch Up

I'm behind, what else is new?
Ethan's birthday was fantastic, and exhausting, and he's super spoiled (come on, that's not a shocker). He had days and days of celebration.

Good morning, birthday boy
On his actual birthday, Grandma and Papa took him to Build a Bear Workshop (he calls it by the full name) where he made Snowflake, with a full Darth Vader costume. And there were gifts.
After stuffing, getting the hug test
A bath and brushing
Naming and adopting
And complete
Captain Americaa

On Sunday we had his birthday party. Normally we just invite family and friends, which usually means not very many kids, but now that E is in school and making friends like crazy, he wanted kids and games. We had 3 kids, including E, and that was plenty for me. They were crazy for balloons and balloon swords.
Star Wars goodie bags
Wookie cookies and jedi lightsabers













Monday we made the trip to the doctor, both kids had their check ups. Ethan's biggest tantrums occur when going to the doctor, the dentist and the hairstylist. I had the internal debate, do I tell him so he can deal with it now or do I trick him till we get there? I chose option A, I don't want him to think that I lie to him or that he can't trust me. He freaked out, didn't want to go, but got over it by the time we had to leave and did fantastic during the appointment. He weighs 37 pounds and is 3 feet, 7 inches.
 Lucy did wonderful too, weighing in at 16 pounds, 2 ounces and measuring 26 1/2 inches. All she cared about was the crinkly paper on the table, until her shots came, then she screamed.

  Man, this was an exhausting week!


0 comments: