Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Family of Three



I started maternity leave on Sunday (Saturday was my last day of work). It was a huge relief to be done, my attitude and emotional state were in serious jeopardy of turning ugly and that just wouldn't be fair. Everything that was bothering me was everything that I would do had I been in my coworkers shoes; "Are you excited?" "Any day now huh?" But, being the 9 month pregnant lady, it was tiresome. Two weeks ago, Michael and I discussed it and decided it best that I start my time away at week 39, regardless of whether nugget was here or not.
My intention for the, hopefully, final week of my pregnancy was to spend some time with Ethan, just doing whatever we felt like.
Mike had to work both Sunday and a half day Monday, and due to a nasty cough, Ethan and I actually slept in both days. The previous post is our pictures from Sunday morning, then in the afternoon, we headed over to the gym to enjoy the outdoor pool, which was freezing!!
Monday hen we woke up, Ethan really wanted to go back to the gym (he loves it there and I know I won't have any excuses not to go). So, we went over and he played while I did a slow workout. After nap, Michael was home. The three of us headed down to Old Colorado City for the annual Territory Days.
Highlights of Territory Days:
1. Riding a school bus from Coronado High School down to the festival (and back again)



2.Getting a snow cone

3. Riding the kid's train!!!
We had an awesome day. Ethan, who has been full of temper tantrums and rebellious behavior, was well behaved. I have been feeling great since we hit full term.
How lucky we were to spend this perfect day together as a family of three... to be continued...

0 comments: