Friday, September 28, 2012

The Land of 10,000 Lakes

Last Wednesday, Lucy and I took our first mommy-daughter trip to see this wonderful little cheeser:

 Oh Miss Vienna, your smile and mop of hair, mixed with your deep voice just melt me! The initial purpose of our trip was to watch that little gem's baby brother being born, notice the pregnant woman in the background 
 Turns out, Boaz didn't want to make an appearance until the day we flew out, we missed him by 6 hours! Don't worry, I was able to convince myself it was better this way. I mean, at least he wasn't born while we were only 20 minutes away at the airport, that would've been torture.

Not to worry, we had a blast spending as much time as possible with the Johnson family and the lovely fall weather in Minnesota.

Isn't it cute that they have matching hats?! Elise, made them for them, I know, she should sell them.

And causing shenanigans in (almost) matching footie pjs

Sleepy cuddles

Bad situation turned good. We locked ourselves out of the house, it started raining. So, we took a walk and found a puddle. Luke rescued us in a matter of minutes

Watching herself brush her teeth


One of the last days as a family of 3

This is a quick walk from their house!

Waking up from a nap
Lucy was such a good traveler. I was so nervous to be taking her by myself, but she slept the whole way out and the whole way back! Then while we were there, I think she was showing off. She was happy and silly and independent and just a fantastic girl to be around.
These flowers were put here for the picking, right?

Buds


I am looking forward to many more mom-daughter trips with Lucy. Although, I missed the guys so much! (I may have cried when they met us at the airport)
P.S. A super big congratulations to Luke, Elise and Vienna for welcoming their gorgeous baby boy, Boaz Dean into the world!!!!!

0 comments: