Sunday, January 17, 2010

Whirlwind

I don't know where to begin this post. I was hoping to slap together a quick update on how we're doing, things Ethan is learning, and the like; but there's just so much! I swear everyday the boy does something to amaze me. Whether its telling me a story, using his imagination in ways he never has, or just how he interacts with other kids, our world is constantly changing.

Some pretty important things in our world are:

  • Superman
  • Robots
  • Guitars and drums (so far a lefty at guitar)
  • Yo Gabba, Gabba (never seen it? You probably shouldn't unless you have a small child)
  • Thomas, or any trains
  • Watching videos of ourselves
  • Running (proceeded by say "Mark, set, go!")
  • Tools
  • Singing and dancing (he sings to me "I love Daddy" or a rock version of "Mickey Mouse")
  • Eating, all the time (I don't know how I'm going to afford him and his daddy when he's a teenager)
  • Cars, the movie
  • Jumping
  • Grandma's house (any time we get in the car he asks to go to "Mama's house")
  • Cousin Madi (any time I get a picture he runs over yelling "Me look!")
  • Rock n' Roll
  • Hiding
And I know there are so many more things that are going on that you all would love to know about but the list could just go on forever and ever. This stage of parenthood has definitely been trying for us. But on that scale it has also been the best, the interaction, understanding that Ethan shows is astonishing. I'm always excited to see what tomorrow brings but am trying to stay in the present, we won't have this for too long and I know I'll miss it when its gone. When I look back in two years, I won't be bogged down by the tantrums or stubbornness, I'm an optimist and will remember the happy days and the funny little things he does.







0 comments: