Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Countdown

Do you ever find yourself counting down to something? A vacation, a birthday, Christmas? I do, all the time, its actually a characteristic of mine that I have to remind myself to reign in. I believe in planning ahead and being excited about a future adventure but I find that if I don't calm down the urge to countdown, I lose the present. I don't live for today and I miss the exciting things that happen in the moment.

I've come a long way since planning our wedding where I was not only counting down the weeks till we said our vows and jetted off on a much needed honeymoon, I was counting down till graduation from college, where I was too busy looking ahead, I can't even tell you what classes I took my senior year. This week I got to celebrate the end of a countdown. If you hadn't noticed on the sidebar of this blog, we (my sister and I) have been anxiously waiting the movie New Moon, yes we're some of those people. Luckily for my sister, the released the movie for her birthday so we hauled ourselves over to the movie theaters around 5pm to get in line for a movie that started at 12:01am. The wait was not pleasant for the most part, although get a group of bored girls together that long and there's always fun memories that are made. The movie was fantastic (warning: if you're not a fan of Twilight, this one probably won't impress you either) but if you are, go!! Go twice even!

Vampire cookies:
Our "group" waiting in line for seats
Yes, we had shirts

The next movie comes out this summer, but I think I'll wait a bit to start that countdown, there are too many other exciting (aka: more important) things to look forward to, and a whole lot of present to enjoy.

0 comments: