Saturday, October 27, 2012

Explorations

 Today my beautiful daughter and I spent sometime exploring our nearly naked backyard. Its like a whole new place to her now that the trees have shed their leaves.

 To her great delight, hiding among the trees were her brother's G.I. Joes! Here's the thing, one of those Joes was hiding a little higher then my almost 4 foot tall young man can reach... I think someone else might have been out there creating some war scenes.
 Then there was the snow. We got a slight dusting this past week and there were still some remnants left around the yard. Lucy was fascinated! But, how do you explain to a one and a half year old that if she plays with snow with her bare hands, her hands will get unbelievably cold?! She would play for awhile then look at me and cry, I'd put her mittens on her, she'd pull them off, then repeat the cycle. It's a little maddening.
Isn't she gorgeous!? She just melts me.

0 comments: