Sunday, July 8, 2012

Heat

I'm not sure where to begin. First, I've been slacking in my posting lately so I'm sure there's a lot I need to fill you in on, but then, second, Lucy's been sick the past few days so I haven't gotten much sleep so there's no way I will remember what to tell you.
I guess we can start by cheering for our local firefighters!! The Waldo Canyon fire, the most destructive (property wise) in Colorado, is 98% contained. First comes containment, then control, then out. The day that it crossed over the ridge and came into town was scary. Neal and Camille were here visiting, we were grateful for the company but we were all glued to the tv. Well, except for a slip n' slide break. 





 The kids made sure to show Neal some love. He's weeks away from becoming a father for the first time, so they showed him the ropes.

 And then Ethan showed us his best side
 Ethan's still in karate, he has fast tracked through his white belt, his high white belt and is now a yellow belt!!

Our summer is and has been very full, so the down times seem so boring, like we're just waiting for the next adventure. The kids get a little stir crazy and drive the parents a little crazy, and then they end up like this

Don't worry he caught them
Lucy got some new bling for her birthday
and when it's not too hot we go over to the park

Some experimenting with blowing bubbles


Lucy has had a nasty fever for the past 3 days, all she wants to do is cuddle. So add a 103 degree baby to the over 90 degree weather, with no air conditioning, it's been hot. This kid:
was so awesome and patient while I cuddled Lucy, when we heard the ice cream truck, we ran out a snagged a batman creamsicle. She finally turned a corner yesterday afternoon and has gained most of her crazy energy back, and fortunately I have the most amazing parents and they've kept Ethan entertained, while exhausting themselves, for the last 2 days. Wow, that was some rambling, but again, I haven't slept much, now you're a little filled in if not more bored in the process.

0 comments: