Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I know, I know, it was a week ago and I'm just now posting. My mother's day was spectacular! My husband made us a big, yummy breakfast before he had to go to work and then I got to spend the day with this irresistible guy:
after he pleased me with the gift of a 3 hour nap, we went for a walk to the middle school down the street. I had to explain to him at least 10 times why we couldn't go in the school but only walk around it. Then we sang a song about it, it went something like this (please make up your own tune):
"We're going on an adventure, adventure, adventure
We're going on an adventure to see what we can find.
We're going to the school, the school, the school
We're going to the school but we can't go in."
Ethan: "Nope"
About 3/4 of the way there E took a fantastic tumble, as in fell down flat but with such force that it rolled him onto his back. He started crying while I "calmly" looked for the places he may have bumped or scraped without any luck. I asked him if he wanted to go home and get Boo boo Zazzy and of course this made him cry harder with some "No, school!"'s thrown in there. So we kept going.


I finally found the scrape, see his right elbow? I know he's a tough guy

Of course when it was time to go home he picked the long route home and a few minutes into it, kicked off his shoes and ended up getting a piggy back ride the rest of the way.
That night we went up to Chuck and Diane's for dinner and he was a crazy man, the entertainment of the evening.

0 comments: