Thursday, March 26, 2009

Under the Weather

My post with our new spring daffodils is being followed by, WE'RE HAVING A BLIZZARD!! Come on, winter is over, we have spring fever! Just days ago we were in short sleeves basking in the sun at the park and today we turned the heat back on and came home from work early! Ah life in Colorado, ever changing weather day by day. Thankfully I have a pretty awesome boss that sent me home early and let me bring work home in case I can't make it in tomorrow, isn't he thoughtful?

This post actually has double meaning, not only are we under the weather (stuck in the house due to blizzard) but Ethan and I have been under the weather (sick). The past two nights Ethan has had a pretty a high fever and a lack of appetite (plus teeth still coming through). I've had a cold that went from body aches to congestion and exhaustion. Fortunately, I believe we are both on the mend today.
The night before last was really hard, from about 1am on, E was up every hour needing some comfort . Last night he only got up once but that was after a dreadful afternoon.
Once we got home from my mom's I gave him a pedialyte pop and some yogurt and we vegged upstairs in bed watching Hannah Montana(don't say a word). He eventually fell asleep until my phone went off. Once he was up he wouldn't stop crying so we got up to see if I could lull him with walking or rocking and I guess the motion was too much for his poor little tummy, he threw up all over me. To the shower we went, Mike wasn't home yet so I left the mess to tend to Ethan. He cried all the way through the shower (it scares him I think), until I was getting him dressed singing his Ethan song. He seemed a little better after throwing up but no signs of sleep. Mike got home soon after and hung out with him while I fixed dinner. Ethan really wanted some of the macaroni and cheese that we were eating and, yep you guessed it, threw up on me again! After that we finally got him to bed and I took a much needed shower.

Wednesday morning, getting ready to go to Grandma's:

0 comments: